Laser hair removal is a popular choice of treatment for permanent hair reduction.
Before undergoing laser hair removal, it is important to have a thorough consultation and follow the recommendations for pre-treatment preparation and post-treatment care.
WHY IS A FULL CONSULTATION SO IMPORTANT?
An experienced, specialist laser therapist should give you a personalised insight into your laser treatment and should advise you of exactly what you can expect from your laser hair removal treatment.
This is your opportunity to ask as many questions as you need to ensure that you are both informed and comfortable with your decision to undergo laser hair removal. Be very wary of a rushed consultation. Consultations should take no less than 20 minutes to ensure a thorough discussion is had between yourself and your therapist.
During your consultation, your therapist will need to ask you questions too, as certain medical conditions and medications or just simple sun exposure could cause complications. Therapists should take the time to discuss your skin type, hair texture, medical history and also talk about what you should expect from your Laser Hair Removal Treatment before you go ahead. During this consultation the Therapist should also outline the cost of your treatments and how many treatments you will need for maximum results.
You should not have to pay for this consultation.
It is important to ensure that you prepare for your laser hair removal treatment in the best possible way. The following are some pre-treatment instructions to help you along the way to successful laser hair removal.
– Do not wax, tweeze or pluck within 4 weeks before commencing treatment or at anytime during treatment.
– Shave the area to be treated within 24 hours before your treatment, particularly for Brazilian Laser and where there are larger areas to be treated (such as full legs, back or chest) otherwise treatment may not be possible on the day or an additional charge may be applied should treatment be possible.
– NOTE: Hair removal Cream can be used outside of 24 hours before treatment. Bleach should not be used prior to laser treatment.
– Treatment should not be provided to clients that are recently tanned or sun burnt, therefore please stay out of the sun and avoid the use of tanning beds and self-tanning creams for a minimum of 4 weeks prior to treatment.
– Do not use Retin-A products 2 weeks prior and 2 weeks